When you have a quartz worktop installed within your home, it will stay beautiful for years when treated with respect. To keep your quartz looking pristine and clean there are a few things you need to do and remember to avoid, all to ensure that your quartz worktop is in perfect order.

Quartz stone contains more than 93% of natural components, the other 7% are components which ensure the colour and consistency to the quartz stone. The polished and matte finish of our Diresco and TechniStone quartz is very dense and very maintenance friendly.

Quartz worktops are highly durable, waterproof and easy to clean and maintain when you follow these tips to cleaning your quartz worktop.

When to Clean Quartz Worktops

Quartz is a non-porous material, this means that it cannot absorb liquid, thus making it harder to stain opposed to porous materials. But regardless of this, you should not leave spilt food or liquid to set or dry into your stone worktop, if this occurs it will become harder to clean.

Materials that harden after drying (chewing gum, mustard, grease, etc.) should first be scraped off using a blunt plastic scraper, then clean and rinse the affected area with clean water. For daily cleaning use a long-haired micro-fibre cloth together with a neutral, colourless and residue free cleaning product.

Avoid using products/detergents (be careful with washing up liquids) whose chemical make-up is designed to leave an invisible surface film when cleaning. It is best to avoid the build up of “greasy” layers on the worktop that will catch all household impurities.

Deep Cleaning Quartz Worktops

General soft cleaning of quartz worktops will be enough to work off a lot of dirt and grime that accumulates on all surfaces, but you should always deep clean at regular intervals to ensure that your worktops are truly clean. Please contact us or your stone fabricator for professional advice to ensure no damage is caused by the cleaner itself.

Quartz Colour and Pattern Range

What to Avoid When Cleaning Quartz Worktops

As mentioned above, finding the right cleaning products to use on your quartz worktops is important in the care of your worktop. When it comes to keeping your worktop pristine for years to come, adhering to the things to avoid greatly increases the lifespan.

Abrasive Cleaning Detergents

The use of abrasive cleaners or cleaning detergents can cause the quartz to dull in colour or with extremely abrasive cleaners and detergents can cause the bonds between the quartz and the resin to disintegrate.

Quartz can tolerate a small amount of exposure to mild alkaline detergents or cleaners, but high pH substances will cause damage to quartz. If an abrasive substance, cleaner or detergent comes into contact with your quartz worktop you should rinse the surface immediately with water to rid the surface of the harmful substance.

 

Thank you for reading B Stone Ltd’s blog post. If you would like to find out more about quartz stone then get in contact with us on 01604 585848, alternatively, head to our contact page and send us a message.